原句應為I am sorry for keeping you waiting.。
keep + O + OC (V-ing/V-en/adj./prep. phrase)
3. apologize to sb (for sth) (為…)向某人道歉
3. after arriving . . . 此處為分詞構句省略了主詞
4. Trying to be polite, Vicky forced a smile . . .
Because Vicky tried to be polite, she forced a smile . . .
5. force a smile/laugh 強作笑顏
8. go on 發生 (= happen)
9. It seemed that Adam was more interested in
→ Adam seemed to be more interested in . . .
9. be interested in 對…感興趣 (= take/have interest in)
10. have a conversation with sb 與…談話
15. Why don’t/doesn’t + sb + V? 某人何不…？
18. Apparently = It is apparent that…
be preoccupied with
20.Adam was more attached to his cell phone than
he was (attached) to her.
21.be attached to 喜歡
24. be similar to 和…相似
27.. . . made this product gradually become . . .
28.rather than=instead of
30.as a result 因此 (= therefore, thus, hence, consequently)
32.people (who are) affected by disconnect anxiety .
35. get access to 有管道可以得到
36. Some . . . Some . . . Others . . .有些…有些…還有些…
也可用Some . . . Others . . . Still others . . .。
36. respond to 回應
37. so . . . that . . . 如此…以致於…
S + had + been + V-ing . . . 過去完成進行式
39. without one’s knowledge 某人不知情
41. additionally = in addition = besides
keep (on) + V-ing 持續…
43. contact (n.) 聯絡人
to kill time. to表目的(=in order to、so as to)
45. can’t afford to V 負擔不起
bring sth (along) with sb 帶…一起
47. insist on +Ving 堅持
→ . . . they will insist that they (should) go home
47. cell n. [C] 手機 (= cell phone,)監獄
50. as (準關代) 如同51. advise sb to V 勸(某人) 做…
When doing something important,
分詞構句，原句應為When we do something important . . .
52.turn off 關掉 (=switch off, ↔ turn/switch on)
53. concentrate on 專注
54. as for sb/sth「關於…，至於…」
54. we suggest that he (should) leave his cell phone . . .
S1+ V1 . . . + as if + S1/S2 + were/V2-ed/had V2-en . . .
as if 彷彿是、就像是…
第一種，as if所接的子句內容可能為真，as if後使用直述法。
本課主要介紹第二種。當as if子句的動作發生時間跟主要子句的動作發生時間相同，則使用as if + S1/S2 + were/V2-ed，例：
◊ Emma looked sad as if she were dying.
◊ These customers talk loudly in the restaurant as if they owned it.
當as if子句的動作發生時間早於主要子句的動作發生時間，則as if子句需使用過去完成式had + V2-en，例：
◊ Now, the living room looks messy as if a bomb had exploded.
◊ When the party was over, the living room looked messy as if a bomb had exploded.
◊ It looks like as if it is going to rain.
◊ The soup tastes as if it was not seasoned.
◊ Hayden patted me on the back as if he was saying, “You’ve done a great job!”
→ Hayden patted me on the back as if to say, “You’ve done a great job!”